AEGIS
Make sure to introduce yourselves, read the guild rules, and keep connected around the community!
AEGIS
Make sure to introduce yourselves, read the guild rules, and keep connected around the community!
AEGIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professionalism.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cus there is more to life then games - Books

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonhand

Dragonhand

Cus there is more to life then games - Books Empty
PostSubject: Cus there is more to life then games - Books   Cus there is more to life then games - Books Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi m8s, cus there is more stuff to do in life during our free time, from time to time ill suggest a book, hope you enjoy and make your own suggestions.

Cus there is more to life then games - Books Painted-man
The novel follows three characters in their passage from childhood to maturity. They are inhabitants of a world plagued by the attacks of demons known as "corelings", which rise from the planet's core each night to feast upon humans. The ongoing attrition of these attacks have reduced humanity from an advanced state of technology, to a 'dark age'. The only defense against the corelings are magical runes or "wards" that can be drawn, painted, or inscribed to form protective barriers around human settlements. These are, however, fragile and prone to failure.
As the novel progresses, each of the protagonists embark upon their own "hero's journey" in an effort to save humanity.
In writing the tale, Brett was keen to move beyond a simple adventure story, to present a fantasy novel about fear and its impact. He was particularly interested in the effect of fear "causing some to freeze up and others to leap into action"
Back to top Go down
Nekhebet

Nekhebet

PostSubject: Re: Cus there is more to life then games - Books   Cus there is more to life then games - Books Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Very Happy I'll be keeping an eye on this, i love reading when i can. ^^ That book sounds interesting. Any books i come across i'll be sure to post Wink
Back to top Go down
Spice

Spice

PostSubject: Re: Cus there is more to life then games - Books   Cus there is more to life then games - Books Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:48 am

Ehh doesn't seem like my type of book.

My type of books i read or the one forced by the school. Lol jk
Back to top Go down
Dragonhand

Dragonhand

PostSubject: Re: Cus there is more to life then games - Books   Cus there is more to life then games - Books Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:38 am

There are books for every one =) Just need to find what you like the most, mine is fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Reparta

Reparta

PostSubject: Re: Cus there is more to life then games - Books   Cus there is more to life then games - Books Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:49 pm

If you want to be entertained.

Read anything by a man named Terry Prachett. He is a god of humor.
Back to top Go down
NeonFlux

NeonFlux

PostSubject: Re: Cus there is more to life then games - Books   Cus there is more to life then games - Books Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:55 pm

read Darren Shan Smile

genious Smile

his books are good in any language Razz
Back to top Go down
Nekhebet

Nekhebet

PostSubject: Re: Cus there is more to life then games - Books   Cus there is more to life then games - Books Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Yah, Darren Shan is goood I've read all but Koyasan and The City Trilogy Smile. It's a bit weired how he is a character in the Cirque Du Freak but still unputadownable Razz if thats a word Smile

Labyrinth by Kate Mosse is a good book, it's a mystery adventure following two women in 1209 and 2005.

The Blurb ( it was a while ago when i read it)
Quote :
July 1209: In Carcassonne a seventeen year old girl is given a mysterious book by her father which he claims contains the secret of the true grail. Although Alaïs cannot understand the strange words and symbols, she knows that her destiny lies in keeping the secret of the labyrinth safe...

July 2005: Alice Tanner discovers two skeletons in a forgotten cave by the French Pyrenees. Puzzled by the labyrinth symbol carved into the rock, she realizes she's disturbed something that was meant to remain hidden. Somehow, a link to a horrific past - her past - has been reveled.
Back to top Go down
Dragonhand

Dragonhand

PostSubject: Re: Cus there is more to life then games - Books   Cus there is more to life then games - Books Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:04 pm

Here's another book that a was reading a week ago, not a fantasy one. You can0t lose focus wile reading these one or you'll get lost.

Cus there is more to life then games - Books In_The_Hand_of_Dante_cover1

The book interweaves two separate stories, one set in the 14th century in Italy and Sicily and featuring Dante Alighieri, and another set in the autumn of 2001 and featuring a fictionalized version of Nick Tosches as the protagonist. The historical and modern stories alternate as Dante tries to finish writing his magnum opus and goes on a journey for mystical knowledge in Sicily. Meanwhile Tosches, as something of a Dante expert, is called in by black market traders to attest to the authenticity of a manuscript of the Divine Comedy supposedly written by Dante himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cus there is more to life then games - Books   Cus there is more to life then games - Books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cus there is more to life then games - Books
Page 1 of 1